Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Creative Connections


Yesterday was a banner day for the art and craft community. It was announced that F+W Media acquired Interweave. You can read more about it here and here.



This is great news for our community and has a lot of personal meaning for me. I have been closely involved with both companies and have had nothing but positive experiences with each one.

Both North Light, my publisher, and artistsnetwork.tv, the main platform for my workshop DVDs, have always been under the auspices of F+W. So has the site Create Mixed Media. Interweave is the publisher of Cloth Paper Scissors and Studios Magazine and home to the Cloth Paper Scissors community, all of which have featured my work. They are also the force behind the CREATE mixed media retreats.

And both companies are involved in so many more platforms and products that we all connect with on a daily basis: books, magazines, websites, online shops, online communities, eProducts, retreats, and so many more. If you are anything like me, when you look on your bookshelves, you will see many books from both North Light and Interweave.

The ultimate changes that will result from this are not clear and have not yet been announced. We will all need to see how this unfolds. However what is clear is that two hugely popular and influential companies in our art universe have joined forces and are now one. 

If you have hung around The Altered Page at all, then you know how much I value community and the strength, creativity and support that results. In my mind, our community just got stronger!

5 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Terrific!

Lisa H said...

I hope they leave a big bunch of people here in Loveland. I was JUST noticing that they've expanded into the building next door!
excuse me, I'll run down to the coffee shop and get the current BUZZ. Thanks for the heads up!

Anonymous said...

I saw this announcement yesterday...and my first thoughts were about how this will all play out. I agree with you...it can only strength the arts community!!

Lynda said...

Wow! That is interesting news. It will be interesting to see what develops from this union.

Anonymous said...

ooh, that's so cool. i had no idea! thank you for sharing the news, seth.