Friday, November 8, 2013

The Mind of the Mixed-Media Artist

Head on over to the Cloth Paper Scissor blog to read some Q & A between Cate Prato, the online editor at Interweave, and myself about the mind of the mixed-media artist and see some discoveries from my new book about being an artist today.

And stop by the the Interweave store where you will find my wish list of art supplies for this holiday season. See which products I cannot live without! And use code WISHLIST10 to save 10% off my picks.

-------------------------------

My self portraits from my book The Mixed-Media Artist.

Oxide
...the face we show the world is but a shadow of our innermost and true selves...


Archaeological Dig
Freud has likened psychoanalysis to archeology, describing it as the unearthing of meaning layered beneath an expanse of ruins. This resonates with me, in all the different bits and pieces of my life, including art...

10 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

gorgeous.. both of your selfportraits are very expressive -
off to visit Cloth Paper Scissors now-
thank you!

Parabolic Muse said...

What would Freud say about that?

That was one of our favorite things to say back when I was in college. Then I found that he would have too much to say about me, so I stopped talking about him.

I love your self-portraits. Of course! I'm not hard of seeing, after all!

trish quilty said...

love your expressive self portraits... :) have to try that myself...off to visit CPS.

Felicity said...

Your self-portraits are fabulous and intriguing. You could do at least one therapy session on the first one - it's especially fascinating

Gwen Buchanan said...

very cool post Seth. Love your self portraits and the quote.. I do believe Freud was right.

Linda M. Cain said...

This is just over-the-top wonderful, Seth! I think it's "really you!"

~Linda

Mickie said...

You must be a very interesting person, lol. Although I've only "known" you for such a short time you have inspired me with your works and these works are no exception!

Renee said...

I enjoyed the interview at CPS. I like both of your self portraits, always interesting to see how others view themselves.

cathy @ ma vie trouvee said...

I really enjoyed reading the interview over at CSP. Many of the things you said really hit home for me. Thanks for sharing!

Christine Kiehl said...

Seth,
What a fantastic post and like all the others I loved your self potrait. True! 100% Thank you for sharing!