Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Week Links: 2


A new weekly feature on my blog every Sunday (see the links for Week 1 here). Inspiration awaits. Get comfortable and get clicking.

Earl Einarson and Jan Halvarson -- better know as Poppytalk -- share their thoughts on trends for summer 2014. Their post on the Etsy Blog also includes tips on how to incorporate trends in your creations while at the same time staying true to your self and your vision.

I can never get enough shots of the inside of artists' studios. I find them compelling and inspiring. Kirby Kendrick recently reposted an earlier post that shows images of the studios of such artists as Andy Warhol, Henri Matisse, Francis Bacon, and herself.

What could be better than a link to more links? Every Friday on her blog Writing Without Paper, Maureen Doallas features a post called All Art Friday, which includes a list of links to...well all-things-art! Check it out weekly here.

It is always hard to find a technique or approach that seems truly unique. I came across these drawings/collages on Quinn McDonald's blog that use letters and words as part of the actual drawing. I keep looking at the work and am fascinated by the effect.

Vickie Martin shares a list of 15 books for artists that are divided into the categories of Reference, History and Fun. Many (actually most) are new to me and may be new to you as well.

Pamela Gerard has a fun post on her blog Cappuccino and Art Journal all about stamps -- of the rubber and the postage variety. And she even mentions the amazing Ink Pad in NYC where, speaking of stamps, I took the following picture:

11 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

Some good links there! Thanks!

Rosemoo said...

Oooooh if you love seeing artist spaces you HAVE to watch the craft in america series from PBS. You get to not only see artist's spaces but watch them work in them! Super inspirational. :D

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Seth -- many thanks for the link to my blog. How nice of you. Maybe I will run in to you at the Ink Pad next time I'm in NYC.
--P

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

GREAT Links!
I hope your week is full of Creative FuN!

Jo Murray said...

You've just filled my day with inspiration. I'm off to the first link NOW!

Carol said...

So my one favorite thing to do on Sundays was watch Super Soul Sunday on the Own network. Now I have 2 favorite things to do- that and browse your links. Wonderful!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the links!

Quinn said...

Thanks for the kind mention, Seth. I'm having fun exploring the numbers and letters collage. The trouble with being a writer first is that letterforms are always your toolbox!

Maureen said...

Thank you for mentioning Writing Without Paper and All Art Friday. I appreciate the shout-out, Seth.

Good stuff here.

kirbykendrick.com said...

Great idea for Sunday Week Links! Artist studios are indeed fascinating. Thanks for the nod!

Anonymous said...

I think you balance the blog thing so well, I always recommend you as an example to my students! You have the best of it all, inside scoop on your art/process and a generous spirit that shines through in all you do!