Wednesday, October 1, 2014

A Show of Heads


I am excited to be an exhibiting artist at A Show of Heads, an annual show at Limner Gallery in Hudson, New York. Running from October 23rd to November 22nd, this exhibition highlights work that includes abstract, traditional and conceptual interpretations and portrayals of the human head. You can see the list of participating artists and their work here.

My contribution to the show is Oxide...


There is an opening reception on Saturday, October 25th from 5 to 7pm that I will be attending. If you are in the area, please stop by.

In a stroke of synchronistic luck, at the very same time my good friend and artist Patricia Larsen will be just down the street, at Hudson Opera House, for her solo exhibition Harvest.

18 comments:

Rebeca Trevino said...

very nice. congratulations on your show.

Kathryn Dyche said...

Oooh the show starts on my birthday. :) Have fun and I really love that piece. I'm trying to work on a head piece but haven't fully formed what direction I want to go with it.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Love the way you framed that first shot.. So Cool.

john said...

Congratulations on the show. I love the embedded finds that you used to create.

Robyn Hood Black said...

Very intriguing piece - thanks for sharing, and would love to see it in person. Congratulations on the show!

Maureen said...

Great piece, Seth. Perhaps a selfie?

Congratulations on being selected for the show.

elle said...

What a great guy!

Jo Murray said...

Such a diverse show....you are in good company. Love those rusty bits.

trish quilty said...

love this creation, with embedded metal findings. So much personality Seth. Congrats on your show.

Bindu Saju said...

Love this one!!! very nice idea! I am really inspired

cHim-prints said...

Congrats on the show! Intriguing use of scrap metal. :-)

Vickie said...

Wow...just wow! That is creativity at its finest. I love this head. Perhaps a new tutorial is in store?

Karen said...

Love this!!!Great eyes.

froebelsternchen said...

So cool - congrats on the show!

Kay Wallace said...

This is beautiful art, Seth! Besides the obvious (and yummy) metal texture, there is so much to be found in the facial features and background! Just want to reach out and run my fingers over it! I know it will be well received! Thanks for sharing your art here and extending the invitation to us all!

Laura S Reading said...

This is artwork I can relate to.

Jackie PN said...

Great face Seth! I love all the textures and the metal-so fab!!
Best wishes with the show- alas, I live too far to attend "(

Deryn Mentock said...

Very cool, Seth!