Friday, October 31, 2014

In My Bones

It thrills me to be able to announce that Orly Avineri has just released her third book In My Bones.


Orly is an artist who expresses herself primarily in the form of visual journaling. Her work is authentic, honest, and raw. Just as she is. Looking at her journal pages is like looking directly into the heart and soul of Orly. And through this book, we all have the privilege of being able to be a part of her  journey that is at once so intimate and personal and yet somehow universal.



Having seen her journals in person, I can attest to the power of her pages to move the viewer. Every page she makes tells a vivid and compelling story that creates a desire to interpret, to understand, and to know more. One gets the sense that every small detail has meaning and that no mark is random. This is clearly art that Orly feels in her bones.

From the book: Orly...opens her visual journal once again to express her belief in the boundlessness that comes from admitting incompleteness and and ambivalence - in the sheer relief that comes from one's willingness to exit the body in order to pour an intimate world onto pages of a visual journal and share it generously. All for the purpose of experiencing gentle journeys back to self and creating a true sense of belonging and connection.


You can see Orly's work, learn more about this book, and purchase it by heading to her blog One Artist Journal. Details about all three of her books, including One Artist Journal and 14 Artist Journals, are available here. And you can connect with Orly directly on her Facebook page.

Congratulations Orly. Thank you for opening the door and inviting us all inside. 

8 comments:

Jingle said...

Wow! That sounds like a book I need to find! Thanks for the information!

Maureen said...

Looks wonderful.

Jo Murray said...

LOVE Orly'a work....and, of course, I NEED another book.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

NICE POST! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Your words truly move me, thank you Seth.

Lynn Cohen said...

Nice to support your friend and fellow artist! I will explore her book!

Stephanie said...

Another book for my wish list. Thanks for letting us know about it.

Parabolic Muse said...

I'm checking this out. My friend Bonnie has been studying with her right now. I can't wait to hear all about it!