Thursday, March 26, 2015

Living With Art: 7


When we see art posted on the blogs from our community, by far the majority of times it is a cropped picture of a particular piece. We don't often get to see pictures of the art in the space where we actually live. Hanging art. Art on the walls. Art over the couch. Art leaning on the bookcase shelves.

Living with Art is about showing and seeing art in real life settings. Every Thursday I will be posting a series of images shared by creatives showing all of us just how art is displayed in their spaces. Each participant is opening the door and inviting us all into their surroundings. Please contact the artist if you would like any information about the pieces on display. If you want to share yours, simply email me an image, a few lines about your artistic aesthetic, and a link to your own online site. Now sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

---------------------------

and here is week 7...


My artistic aesthetic is rainbow brite! I love art that is cheery, bold and colorful.

The walls are white, so white. Begging for color. I gave it some. This is 36x36. I love doing big pieces as a change from art journal-sized work.

Sue Marrazzo
This is a large mixed media work on canvas that I created for a show at the PA State Capital 2014 art exhibit in Harrisburg, PA. I immediately hung this painting above my family room sofa after the exhibit was over. This painting adds color and the Abstract Aesthetic to the eclectic mix of decor in this room. The work is entitled "Ombre Strata." I really love what I do...I create Experimental Mixed Media Art, Teach Adults and Youth ART. I am truly blessed!

Marco Logsdon on left and LaVon Williams on right. Levon was a former University of KY basketball player and a self-taught folk artist. Love that his pieces is integrated into my living room and hung so you can see both sides. I am happy to display these artists and others in my home.

I like living with art that has personal meaning to me. I like that I have pieces family members created, were inherited from relatives and that I've bought directly from the artists at art fairs and galleries. This gives the art a history and/or a story connected to it.

The art on my walls is always part of a sort of inner conversation I'm having with the work about how successful it was and whether it belongs here, or maybe on someone else's wall.

Joanna Dermenjian
My husband wanted to encourage me to add more art to my life in 2015, so he made this literal reminder. Three cardboard letters mounted on a piece of wood, spray painted with 14K gold. Winter display with a collection of vintage French lead figures also reminding us to get outside and play!

9 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Thanks Seth for including my ART in this beautiful post! I am honored to BE in the company of the other artists. I will share your blog with my students.
You are the BEST!

Jackie PN said...

Beautiful surroundings from all of your featured homes this week!
And I agree with Sue M.,
You are the Best!! hugs

elle said...

This week's feel pretty close to home for me. Ditto, You ARE the best!

Sharmon Davidson said...

Thanks for including my work in this post, Seth! I'm honored to be in such wonderful company, and it's great to see how other artists display art in their homes!

Signature Laurel said...

Thanks for including me and wonderful to see my art on Teryll Sacks' wall! Prints are available at www.SignatureLaurel.com
Have a greattt day!~*

Unknown said...

Seth rocks! So glad a piece of art in my home was included. It's been so much fun to peek into other living spaces and admire art across the country!

Jo Murray said...

Love a little voyeurism into the homes of artists that I know, or don't.

Kay Wallace said...

Art warms any home!

Rebeca Trevino said...

this is a great series Seth.
i've enjoyed seeing much of it. this week's selections are especially enticing.
cheers!