Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Create Your Memories



An experience that you will never forget

----------------------


Join me for a very special, three-day adventure making art and creating memories. This retreat within a retreat will include a road trip to New York City to source out supplies and inspiration. Once we return to our studio space, we will be creating a one-of-a-kind embellished container to hold a handmade book. The workshop will cover techniques related to painting, mixed media. assemblage, collage, book making and fun having.


Day 1 of this workshop begins like no other. We will begin with creative fireworks as we head out on a road trip to my hometown: New York City. I will be your insider guide as I take you to my secret sources for amazing art supplies, one-of-a-kind art objects, and creative treasures. In NYC we will be searching for supplies for our workshop project, taking photos for inspiration, and having the time of our lives. Not only will this be an exciting shopping spree but also an experience that you will never forget.


After many hours of shopping in NYC, we return to Stamford and immediately the same day begin the hands-on part of our workshop. The work then continues on Days 2 and 3 as you build your Library of Memories. You will be creating a hinged container, painted and embellished with materials and objects. 


The container will be used to store a handmade book that you will also create in class. We will cover constructing the container, painting in layers, designing assemblage, attaching objects, book making, and much more. You will leave with a host of new techniques, a very special art object, and your own Library of Memories.


----------------------

Registration is now open for Art is You Stamford. Whether or not you have attended Art is You before, this year will be different. Art is You is celebrating their 10th anniversary this year with a retreat experience that will be bigger, badder, and better than ever before. The retreat runs from 10/7-10/12/15 and my workshop runs from 10/7-10/9. It is the only 2015 workshop I am teaching at Art is You and in Connecticut. There are limited seats left for this workshop. Hope to see you there!

5 comments:

elle said...

looks like a GREAT class!

Unknown said...

Awesome project! I would love to have made one! ;) Ingrid

Karenliz Henderson said...

Your class looks amazing and 3 DAYS!!! WOW I wish I can take the class. Maybe next time!!!

Jackie PN said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! Going to miss you this year Seth, my sons are coming to visit- I know you understand!heehee
Lucky everyone who attends this year! I know you will rock their art worlds! hugs

PocketSize said...

I wish I could gooooooo!!!!! Germany is taking the entire travel budget for the year, though.