Thursday, July 9, 2015

Treasure Time

7th annual Buried Treasure - A Call for Collaborative Participants!

So many blogs...so little time. With so many wonderful art blogs to follow, it is difficult to always find the time to keep up with every new post -- let alone have the time to visit the posts that were put up before you discovered each blog.

So...six years ago I started an annual treasure hunt. Buried Treasure is about digging deep to uncover some hidden gems. The premise is simple. On Thursday, July 23rd all participating bloggers will re-post one (or more) of their favorite posts that ever appeared on their blog. As you might already know, I don't like too many rules when it comes to art. So anything goes.

Please leave a comment on this post if you would like to participate. On the 23rd, when the project goes live, I will post a list of all participating artists on my blog so that you can be sure to find all the Buried Treasure. Feel free to let your own readers know about this project by spotlighting it in a post prior to or on reveal day. Please (and this is important) email me your link when your post goes up. It will be the only way I will know to add you to the posted list on my blog.

And if you cannot wait until reveal day, you can click here and here to be taken to the links from 2009, here for the posts from 2010, here for the links to the posts from 2011, here for those from 2012, here for the links from 2013, and here for 2014. These are also always available on my sidebar.

Happy hunting!

16 comments:

Gabriele said...

I would love to participate and I will e-mail you a link before the 23rd. Thank-you for including so many artists in your projects.

anonymous said...

I'll be there. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I want to play too!

Mary C. Nasser said...

I look forward to participating again this year!
Thank you, Seth!

NANCY LEFKO said...

Sure, count me in, Seth!

Renee said...

Please count me in, Seth, I always look forward to this event! Thanks for making this possible for all of us. Hugs.

Alison Horne said...

count me in..sounds fun.

Pointy Bird Studio - Leesa Padget said...

Okey Dokey :)

Jackie PN said...

Yay!! I'm in Seth!!
I'll start searching for my favorite post!

NM_Creatrix said...

count me in again this year. It gives me a chance to look back over my posts!

Dorit Elisha said...

yes please!

CERULEAN said...

Oh yes, I'm in, Seth. Always a pleasure to participate!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lay Hoon said...

oh yes, count me in, please.

Nathalie Nayer said...

Dear Seth,
First of all, let me congratulate you for the release of your stencils and rubber stamps! What a creative life!
I saw Orly a couple of days ago in Utrecht (The Netherlands) and had such a great time. I used her stencils and made a couple of interesting spreads with them.
We talked about you and it made me remember of the first workshop I took 3 years ago in New Jersey. The very first one! It was "mixed media dossier". The next day, I followed Orly's class.
I would love to dig for the journals I made during both your classes and participate with them in your new season of "burried treasures"!
Nathalie

john said...

Hi Seth,

I posted the Treasure Hunt on my blog this morning. Thanks for doing this...what fun to look back over the year and select a few pieces. Thanks for doing the Buried Treasure.

:-)

John

artjuvenation.blogspot.com